Some report, that GPS sometimes does not work, also if everything looks correct.
Most time this prolem can be fixet with a GPS service restart.
The easyest way to restart GPS is:
How to restart an app in iOS 4 and newer?
An other way, if the first option has no effect is to:
- Double tap the Home button to bring up the Multitasking bar
- Press and hold anywhere on the multitasking bar until the icons on it start to wiggle.
- While they are wiggling, each icon has a Minus sign symbol above it.
- Press the Minus symbol above any app to close it down.
- Start the app again.
- Restart iOS
Version up to 3.2.x
Touch the screen on the possition of max or average read out.
- Works also with best and current acceleration.
Version from 3.4.0
Touch the screen on the custom output position (left or right) to change between
- max speed,
- [∅] average speed,
- [¼ mi] quarter mile,
- time [clock]
In Speedometer Pro version 3.0.0
- Distance (odometer), average speed, max speed or acceleration values reset
is supportet in the settings.
In Speedometer Pro version 3.2.0 - 3.4.0
- Reset for all values is supported in the result tap/view.
To get correct distance and average speed
- Turn the app to foreground (active) while moving.
- or -
- Enable (Keep GPS on for multitasking-, lock-, sleep-mode) in the Speedometer settings tab.
Please keep in mind:
Distance or average speed is only tracing while GPS has a well satellite connection.
If there is no GPS update, not the full trip is traced.
This is possible in:
- around tale buildings,
- in high speed trains,
If the app is closed:
- All values are saved.
- No values are updated.
- Next launch, Speedometer Pro goes on from the last state
Check if Location Services (GPS) is enabled on your device.
Settings → Privacy → Location Services → Speedometer → ON
The Speedometer needs a well GPS connection.
If you have a full GPS signal If you have not a full GPS signal
- the speedometer works correct.
Get best GPS connection
- The Speedometer works sometime.
- It is possible, that it shows the last speed detected,
what is not your correct speed.
- After some time of no detection the speedometer shows 0.
- It works best with clear sky, and open space.
- It may not work in towns with tale buildings
or other surroundings in front of the sky.
- The GPS receiver also needs some time to connect.
The longer you run Speedometer, then better is the connection.
- If you are in a train, bus, boat or car, it works best on the window.
Most new trains or high speed trains are highly isolated. (less or no GPS signal).